Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Outdoors


                It turns out that time in the quiet outdoors helps me think, and keeps me healthy.  Yesterday, I went for a jog, well mostly a walk I am overweight, over forty, and asthmatic so jogging is really hard – but I decided I was going to solve the overweight problem hence the walk/jog.  My youngest, 9 yr old girl, Happy had her riding lesson and I enjoyed walking around in the woods. I have trouble exercising indoors, or along roads I really prefer to be in nature. I was restarting the C25K program, which I had done before and I was impressed with how good I felt through the first few jogging sections.  It was great, fresh air, animals, birds, and plants but of course after the fourth transition from walking to jogging,  I couldn’t jog the 5th section. Having a heart attack I tried to get control of my breathing, and told myself I was off the couch and moving. Eventually I ran through a few more of the transitions, and had to move on to hollow platitudes about personal achievement. I didn’t believe my inner voice – but I was upright and moving until the timer stopped!  
                Here is to getting off the couch and into the woods!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment