Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Boom Rattle Shake . . .

As an Army wife, and a former Army Brat I know that living near a post is loud. At any time there are helicopters, traffic (like 5 am traffic), 100s of people running in step chanting @ 6 am (hence the 5 am traffic), tanks, and artillery. I have learned to ignore all of these things even the helicopters at odd hours flying low, but the boom of heavy artillery at random odd times is driving me crazy!!! 

Watching TV after the minons were sent to bed I hear thumping, damnit why are they still up!?! I head upstairs to scold - WTH - they are in bed?!? Hmmm, I wonder what I heard, then again the house shakes just a little - Oh Crap someone is trying to break in, why isn't the dog barking?? I run downstairs and start checking the windows and doors, cell phone in hand ready to dial 911, heart racing. Then again boom, rattle, shake - oh, the light dawns, its the artillery.  You figure the next time I hear 'something' I will dissmiss it as artillery right? That is when my brain goes into overdrive - because what if I dissmiss it and it really is an axe murder trying to get in the house? What then smarty? So as the troops practice their aim, my only hope is that all the running up and down the stairs might lead to weight loss.  Enjoy your shake free day.

No comments:

Post a Comment