Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How to make it rain in your garage . . .

Let me start by saying I was amazed at my skill level, who knew I could manage this???  On Sunday night I was finishing up the laundry, I actually thought I was done, and my daughter presented me with her gym clothes, GRRRR. So I gather enough for another load and start the washer, carrying the dryer load to my room to fold.

 As usual I was listening to All Things Considered (from NPR) on my Ipod, so I didn't hear the washer flooding the second floor hall . . .heading downstairs I start the dishes, when water drips on my head, WHAT?!? Ipod still going, I look quizzically at the ceiling??? Spouse sitting 6 feet away says - "I heard water and I thought you were in the shower." As he finishes the sentence I realize what is happening "THE WASHER" I scream, both daughters and spouse follow me up the stairs to find a 1 inch tsunami running down the hall. We threw towels on the water and I wrung 'em out in the tub. Once under control spouse and I started up home carpet cleaners (ours and the neighbor's, hers is much better - I had some domestic Goddess jealousy over how much better!!) and played dueling machines in the hall for 2 hours.

When I went to borrow a suction device, he placed Rubbermaid under all the rain in the garage. It really was raining in the garage.  I am so thankful for my spouse we just laughed our way through the mess. Then because of the frozen roads I didn't get a hold of any water restoration companies until Wed morning.  I am pleased to say they were impressed with the amount of clean up we managed with household carpet machines and a box fan.  

Ahh all the fun you can stand!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment